Are you safe on shared WiFi internet connection? Know how you can be!
So you use a WiFi connection to connect your Computer, Tablet or Smartphones to the internet? While using WiFi connectivty for Internet, we need to take extra smart care and security.
Well, we all know why is it necessary: So that someone else may not use for connection and data you had paid for. Moreover, it has many additional risks as we may never know when a breacher may use our WiFi (and obviously our IP address) to do illegal activities beneath our nose. The signals of our office or homely WiFi network may easily go outside the building. In that case, anyone having a WiFi enabled Smartphone or Laptop may use our WiFi connection if we have a weak security.
In this article, we just thought of sharing some basic but very useful and strong tips to secure our WiFi connection from strangers and outsiders.
* Basically, the WiFi routers do not come with WPA or WEP encryption enabled. If you have not enabled this encryption, this is the time.
* Change the Default Administrator password and username to the one of your choice. Many of the WiFi password hacking apps come with a library default passwords of most routers, which can make it even easier for the outsider to break your security.
* You can ensure your safety by keep changing your SSID within a few days or month. It may not help you completely but can at least get you away from an outsider who is targeting your WiFi but doesn’t know your MAC address.
* Connections to unknown devices can be prevented with the use of MAC filtering feature.
* You can even use Firewall on your routers and all other devices.