viva questions for a cricketer top 8 Interesting facts about Cricket ball
“Cricket” its not only a word or game it’s a dictionary of information and interesting facts itself .
Here I am going to share with you few information/facts about Cricket Ball.
1. Cricket ball is made of cork that is covered with tightly wound string, and two or four piece leather case.
2. Cricket balls, weighing between 155.9 and 163.0 grams.
3. Cricket ball have a circumference of 224mm from one side and 229mm from the other side. its not a absolute sphere.
4. There are three different types of balls used in international cricket (Test match)
-SG (usually used in India)
-Duke (Used in England)
-Kookaburra (Used in Australia, South Africa and West Indies)
5. All countries use “Kookaburra” for all International One day matches.
6. During 1996 World Cup, two balls were used alternately between overs as the white ball gets dirty fairly quickly
7. Raman Lamba (India) died in 1998 when hit on the head while fielding at forward short leg in a club match in Bangladesh.
8. A Diamond cricket ball was made in Sri Lanka in November 2004. It weighs 53.83 carats and has pure gold seam of 125 grams.